Focus and determination defines you. You are streamlined and efficient. You embrace the most difficult challenges and refuse to give up. You never make excuses, you never stop trying. You conquer mountains from the bottom up, never satisfied with only the descent. You crush the whole loop, every pedal stroke a relentless assault on gravity, your competitors and your personal records. You are XTR and XTR is you. Seriously fast. Confident. Experienced. XTR is committed to rewarding your every effort and has the pedigree to deliver. Dripping with performance, the XTR M9000 drivetrain will not only transfer every watt of energy from pedal to wheel, it will seamlessly shift between perfectly spaced gears allowing you to maintain critical rhythm and momentum over any terrain. You tell yourself you can race without XTR, but you won't. Never second guess your first instinct.
Rhythm is the essence of smooth power transfer and proper gear step is the key to maintaining rhythm over varied terrain. Keeping a consistent cadence has never been easier with the CS-9001. The XTR CS-M9001 11-speed 11-40T cassette is not only the widest range cassette Shimano has ever produced, but also it's most balanced. Thanks to its Rhythm Step progression, it maintains calculated, shock-free gear steps from one gear to the next; saving you energy and helping you maintain your rhythm on the trail. Rhythm Step keep your cadence consistent by keeping gear steps as evenly spaced as possible. At an average 80 rpm cadence, each shift results in a 10 rpm cadence change, a managable jump that you'll be thankful for, especially in the big cogs during technical climbs. The XTR CS-M9001 cassette fits on a standard Shimano 9/10 speed mountain freehub and requires no special freehub driver, making the upgrade to M9000 simply a build kit upgrade and not a wheel upgrade as well. A HG-X11 specific tooth profile interfaces perfectly with Shimano's HG-X11 chain, ensuring that shifting performance is flawless and second to none.
Please choose the CS-M9000 if you plan to use it on a 1x or 2x (single or double chainring) drivetrain. The CS-M9001 is an updated version that is compatible with 1x, 2x and 3x (triple) cranksets as well.
- HG-X11 specific tooth profile
- Compatible with Shimano 11 speed chains only. We recommend the XTR HG-901 chain for use with this cassette.
- Carbon/aluminum spider design for weight savings
- Aluminum, titanium and steel cogs for a balance of weight savings and durability
- Rhythm Step gear progression offers the most efficient and largest number of useful gears when paired with Shimano cranksets
- Tooth Count: 11-13-15-17-19-21-24-27-31-35-40
- Compatible with standard 8/9/10 speed Shimano MTB freehub, no special driver body needed. For true 11-speed freehub bodies, such as "road" freehub bodies, a 10-speed conversion spacer will be required for use with this cassette.
- Weight: 328g